Wednesday 16 February 2011




In one of the Richard Sweeney workshops I made something quite flowerlike that I liked so I thought I would try and make a similar one with different paper. I thought this would work well for the poster as we are focusing on 'repetition' and the technique I used I just repeated on 6 different sheets of paper. 

I used: 3 sheets of thin graph paper, 1 sheet of red sugar paper and 2 sheets of thick brown paper. I spiraled the pieces of cut paper around each other and then stapled them together. I want to try using different adhesives to see which ones I prefer- Stapling is probably the firmest but it was quite awkward to staple together because of the size of the stapler. 

I made sure I kept to my colour palette- brown, white and a spot of colour. I think it works well and I like how big and striking it has turned out. I want to make some little ones too to see how they would look also. 

Also I am thinking for my final piece that some flowers and leaves could come out of the centre of this flower (or a bigger one) and then spiral around one of the pillars in the atrium. I have to work out the technicalities of this though! I am unsure of what I could use to make my piece stay around a pillar, and also my flower would need to rest on a surface. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment