Tuesday 8 February 2011

Last paper session





We had our third and final session with Richard Sweeney today. This time we were experimenting with big sheets of paper which made things trickier. Today we were let loose and could do pretty much anything with the paper- we were allowed to use adhesive if we wanted to to make our sculptures.
First I experimented by just folding the paper to see what shapes I could make. I liked the lighting effects on my folded piece of paper- I think it would look good if used as a background for something. 
I then moved onto to what I usually do which is making curves. I scored the paper with curve shapes and made a swirling pattern which reminded me of the head of a tulip. 
My last paper form I stuck to repeating the same curved shape to make a circle then cut the shape out apart from the ends in the middle. I think it makes a floral shape- I like the shading each curve creates on the photograph. I think this shape would look good if done in a vibrant colour and I made lots of them- as if it was a field of flowers. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment