Wednesday 16 February 2011

Paper, paper, Paper...




I intended to make a flower with Lily shaped petals however when I had cut out my petals they didn't join in the middle very well so I started slotting them together at the sides. Then I realised my 'flower' wasn't really much of a flower so I changed it to a row of leaves! I thought they would look good around my flowers and to fill in gaps. I started scoring my 'petals' down the middle to make them more leaflike.






I then had another go making a flower- more of a rose shape this time. I cut out a swirl and started rolling it around my pencil. I think it came out looking a lot like a cone because of the size of paper I used but I was pleased with the spiral. I then photographed it next to my leaves to see if they would work well together. I found putting leaves next to my abstract flowers made them look more like flowers! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment