Friday 11 February 2011

Roses are red...




My boyfriend doesn't see the point of buying flowers as he says they just die after a week so it is very rare I get flowers- however when I do I always photograph them! 
I love the layer effect the petals make in roses. I thought I would have a go making something similar using paper...







I experimented with different types and thicknesses of paper.
I first tried a brown thick paper which I thought worked well because once the paper was rolled it kept its shapes. I also used lined and graph paper which were much thinner and they didn't keep their shapes as well however I thought the graph and lined paper worked well with the brown paper. 
I thought using colours and styles of paper that you wouldn't relate to flowers worked nicely as I have took inspiration from their shapes but mixed it with a more neutral colour palette. 
For my last flower I used red sugar paper which did look the most like a rose. Again I thought the red worked quite well with the brown paper. If I was to use red in my final piece though I think I would use it sparingly as just a spot of colour mixed with the different types of paper. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment