Sunday 20 February 2011










I had a frustrating morning trying to make my basket- harder than I thought it was going to be! My first drafts were done in paper so they were easy to fold but when I went onto bigger baskets with thicker paper everything changed! Cartridge paper doesn't bend as well as printer paper! 
So I was back to square one not knowing what shape my base should be. I tried a circular base in the cartridge paper as it worked quite well in printer paper but it didn't balance well. So then I tried an octagon based one- my GCSE math skills really came into play there, I remembered how to draw a regular octagon! But the basket still looked funny because the paper wouldn't bend properly and everything looked unequal!
By the end of this my room looked like this:


I decided to have another go. This time going for something simple and using a square as my base. 



By working out some angles my basket finally came out equal. I am pleased with it but obviously can't use masking tape on the real thing to keep it together. I was thinking of sewing the sides together as whatever I do you are going to see it so may as well get it looking nice! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment