Wednesday 2 March 2011



I had another go at making a structure inspired by flowers. I cut out 9 circles out of white card and folded 8 of them into quarters. The remaining circle I used as a base to place my quarter circles on.
I really like the 3D pleating effect it makes. I only glued it right in the centre so it would still have as much movement and depth as possible. I then made a miniature one out of graph paper and placed it on top of the big one. 
This is possibly one of my favourite things I have made out of paper. I love how simple it looks but is still very striking. I also experimented using different types of paper. I found the brown and white card I used kept the shape more than the thinner graph paper but I liked how intricate it looked out of graph paper. 
This is something I will definitely be using in my final piece. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment