Tuesday 8 March 2011

GF Smith


I had a browse through GF Smith's website. They seem to use sans serif most of the time- I think it's Helvetica. It works well with their simplistic approach. 
I like how they have overlapped the type in the silver poster. Still a simple technique but really makes you focus on what the type says. I also like how the second picture has lines through the type making it look like chunks of the type are missing. You can still read the type easy enough but you can start to see the Union Jack coming through in the type. 
I need to think of a good and simple way to write the text on the poster. I don't want it fancy as I don't want it to take away the focus from the image but I still want it interesting enough to make people read it. 
Unlike these examples I don't really want to incorporate much colour- not in my type anyway. I was thinking of trying to light my boxes up in different colours so my type would just clash if it was coloured too. I like the one at the top the most- simple and clear yet still stylish and modern. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment