Saturday 26 March 2011

More research on stop motion techniques



I didn't like the bit at the start when they were saying what you need to make a felt bunny but I thought the bit when they actually made the bunny was a interesting way of showing instructions. And of course I was in love with the bunny!



Again I was taken aback by the cuteness of this video! This was someone's first stop motion too which gave me more confidence about doing my own as I have never done one before! I liked how this video was short but sweet and didn't drag on. It fit really well with the music too.



I included this in my research because I love how this is shot. The lighting is really thought about and I think it adds more to the video for example, when the sewing machine's internal light is on so that some bits of the machine are lit up and it makes a black outline around the shape of the machine.



Different technique used- cross stitching. It was photographed every time she added another stitch!



I thought this stop motion was interesting as it included lots of different techniques in it such as photography, sewing, typography and drawing. The transitions were varied and unusual, they must have been made in after effects or some other animation software. I liked how all the techniques would merge together for instance, having a photograph in the background and the hand drawn writing going on top of the image. This was completely different to everything else I have seen so far. I liked various things about it but it would have been better if there was more of a narrative to it, I didn't really understand it at times but I thought it looked good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment