Saturday 12 March 2011

Photoshoot

I went in to university to photograph my poster design with a Digital SLR camera. I had never really used one before so it took a lot of playing around to work out what settings I needed to use. I changed my white balance too as I wanted to see what different effects I could get. I started to get this blue tinge to my work and really liked it.
I also changed the lighting to see what difference this made to my photographs. I decided to have all lights on in the end and also used a desk lamp to shine from behind to help light up the detailed numbers.  Luckily I had helpers!
I had decided beforehand I wanted my work in either the bottom left or right hand corner of the frame but I tried different positions too and also some close ups. 




Too dark- can't see numbers on the boxes.
Too bright and blurry

Too dark!

I also thought I would photograph my sculpture to see what it looked like hung up. I thought it looked quite good and I would have probably used it for my poster design if we were allowed to! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment