Tuesday 8 March 2011

Idea 2


After looking at Rob Ryan's intricate work I wanted to incorporate the laser cutter into my work somehow. With the celebration of GF Smith running for 100 years I think the 100 is the most important part of the type so I thought it would be good to enhance this and include it somewhere on my paper. After looking the GF Smith's modern website I noticed that the font was sans serif so I decided to stick with the modern theme and went for 'Helvetica' as my font. 
These pictures show my draft idea. I want my boxes made out of white card on a black background and with the swirls in the numbers laser cut out. I am really worried that the swirls will be to fine to cut out- we shall see anyway! 
I am going to experiment with other types, sizes and colours of paper also.
I prefer this idea to my original idea as I think the final poster design will look professional in black and white. I am also showing what paper can do more for example, fold, laser cut and construct out of it. Before I thought my objects were a bit 'random' because they were out of context and you wouldn't be able to tell the ideas were from flowers whereas the cube is much more professional and I like how it is symmetrical.
I would quite like to have light shining through my numbers but I am not sure how I am going to do that just yet! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment