Tuesday 8 March 2011

Swirling inspiration

My friend gave me this a month ago and I have only just took it off my window. It was to celebrate Chinese New Year. I thought I would photograph it because it is so intricate and made out of a really thin paper. This must have been made by a laser cutter because it is too detailed and it would be too time consuming to be cut by hand.
It's the lines in the background that drew my attention the most. They are wavy because there meant to represent the water but they are also there to hold the image together and to keep it from falling apart. I like that, it's like intricacy and beauty with a purpose.

When I thought of the theme of repeat I thought of patterns and I somehow ended up at swirls. Maybe because swirls appear in my task one. This is why I decided to put swirls inside my numbers. I think swirls suit my poster well as it shows how intricate a piece of paper can be cut. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment