Monday 11 April 2011

Animation part 2

I am beginning to think I wont be able to fit all my narrative in to 30 seconds as I am not even half way through on my narrative at the moment but have used up around half of my allowed time. I think I will be able to edit some things for example, Dina the Dinosaur takes around 5 seconds just to walk on across the screen, but I still think it is going to be quite tight.

I had to make Doughy the Doughnut blink and it must have took my about an hour just for a millisecond of work. I tried all different ways to try and make it look realistic such as making around 12 layers with slight movements on them in Illustrator then making them into a composition in After Effects. I found this looked a bit strange and not cartoony enough so I decided just to have one layer with his eyes shut and then a layer when they are open again. I thought this worked better as I wasn't trying to draw attention to Doughy blinking where as before it looked like I was.

Here is what I have done so far:

Animation draft test 2 from sarah chester on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment