Friday 22 April 2011

New Storyboard

I began to make my animation from my first storyboard but I wasn't fully satisfied with the outcome for various reasons. My reasons were:

  • My background was too plain.

  • My Dinosaur character didn't look good moving- I realised that the character I had come up with had no visible arms and legs so it was hard to convey movement. When I used various techniques on after effects it just didn't look very good and the character didn't come to life so I thought it would be better to change my character.

  • The narrative was too complex- in my first narrative I was trying to convey all three of my chosen words: Mysterious, suspicious and love, however I found out half way through making my animation that my narrative would run over 30 seconds so it wasn't feasible. Therefore I decided I should edit my narrative and focus on just one of my words: love.

I did like how my animation was turning out but I thought I could do better and being the perfectionist that I am I decided to redo my animation. I designed a new background and a new character to replace my dinosaur and I also did another story board to work out a similar narrative that was just less complex than the previous one. 


Scene 1- Birdette goes for a walk
Shot 1- Medium shot
Camera pans from right to left of landscape


Shot 2- Medium shot
Birdette walks from left to right
Birdette walks off screen 


Scene 2- Birdette meets Doughy
Shot 1- Medium shot of new background.
Birdette walks onto screen from left side. Doughy 'spins' in from the right. They meet in the centre of the screen.


Shot 2- camera static, still medium shot.
Speech bubble appears above Doughy.
Pale pink blush slowly appears on his cheeks (opacity 0% to 100% in 2 seconds.)


Shot 3- camera static, still medium shot.
Another speech bubble appears above Birdette.
After 1 second both speech bubbles start to fade (opacity 100%- 0% in 2 seconds.)


Scene 3- in 'Love.'
Shot 1- Camera static, medium shot.
Love heart appears above characters.
Appears to be beating (scale 100%-120%-100% etc.)


Shot 2- medium shot.
Birdette's beak starts growing and opening.
Body moves to indicate pecking.
Love heart 'dissolves' (block dissolve effect.)


Shot 3- medium shot.
Birdette bites/eats a chunk of Doughy.
Birdette's beak opens and closes.
Scene fades out (opacity 100%-0% in 2 seconds) to blank screen (Same colour as sky.)


Credits

Start with blank screen.
Text begins to appear letter by letter (off set) and fades in (opacity) and then fades out.




END= Blank screen


This is the rough draft I did in my sketchbook first (below), I find it helps to roughly sketch the animation first before I do a digital storyboard but then a digital one helps me more when making my animation as I know what characters and backgrounds look like
.







0 comments:

Post a Comment