Monday 25 April 2011

Final Animation


Print to Pixel Animation from sarah chester on Vimeo.

My idea at the start has been changed and developed at lot for instance, my final animation does not resemble my first story board that much. However I am pleased with my final outcome and think it is an improvement from my original storyboard idea.

Although my animation did differ from my original storyboard a bit it was definitely a necessary part of coming to my final outcome. The overall story I did keep I just had to edit it to fit into the alloted time period.  One of my characters stayed the same and my final backgound was just a more refined version than what I had on the storyboard.

When I realised I would not be able to fit my animation in the alloted time period I decided to go back to my sketchbook and come up with an edited version on the story. Then I made a new digital storyboard as it helped me visualise the new idea for my animation. I have learnt by doing this project that planning is vital and making a rough story board and then a digital storyboard was the main reason I was able to create my animation. Without making a storyboard I would not have known where to start with my animation and I know it would not have turned out well. Have something to work from gave me the confidence to start making my animation on After Effects which I had not had a lot of experience on before.

The main reason I had to adapt my narrative was because I had to make sure it fit into 30 seconds. When I did my first story board I thought it would fit into first seconds however it was only when I started making it that I realised it would need more time. I think I made the right decision in editing it because I think when you are given a brief you should stick to it and I think it still brings across the same themes and reactions I wanted it too. I wanted my animation to relate to my key word love which I think it does as my characters fall in love but it is an unconventional love as Doughy really loves Birdette the bird but Birdette is in love because Doughy is tasty!

Before I edited my narrative I also had the keywords mysterious and suspicious in it too as I had Doughy the Doughnut sneaking up behind Dina the Dinosaur. I think, even though I had to edit this part out of my narrative, these words are still subtly apparent in the last sequence of the narrative.

In this project I have had to learn about After Effects from scratch. I spent a lot of time before my animation practicing with After Effects and learnt things during the making of my animation. I now understand how the timeline works as well as the different types of layers for example, camera and null object layers. I have also learnt about the different effects you can put on layers and text among other things. I came across a few problems in After Effects but overcoming these problems taught me more about the software. Overall I am really pleased with my animation and I am pleased I managed to grasp After Effects well enough to be able to make it all digitally. I just wish our animations could have been longer then i would of been able to do a better story and been able to include my key words more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment