Friday 22 April 2011

Cell Animation

I decided to give cell animation ago. It takes quite a long time because you have to draw each frame (and there is usually about 12 frames per second.)
The first one I did I used a 'peg' and some thin paper. The 'peg' holds the paper together and the thin paper is used so you can see your previous drawing underneath.
When it was finished I imported it into after effects as a sequence- I made sure to change my composition settings from 25fps to 12 fps. I also put a picture of grass I had taken as the background of my cell animation.
The second one I did at home not uni so I didn't have a peg or a thin paper so it has a much more organic feel to it as it is more juttery but I quite like that about it. I tried to make the narrative fit 2 of my chosen words; mysterious and suspicious, but that is quite hard to do in a 4 second animation!
Both animations are not great but they gave me an insight into cell animation. I won't be using cell animation in my final piece though as I think my animation will look better done digitally.


Shroom attack from sarah chester on Vimeo.


Roar! from sarah chester on Vimeo.

Above is my initial storyboard idea for my cell animation- Roar! Below is some notes I made on cell animation in my book to remind me of things- click to enlarge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment